Accounts Assistant Required - Swindon
Our well established Swindon based client is looking for an extra staff member within its Accounts Department.
Accounts assistants provide administrative support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as typing, filing, making phone calls, handling mail and basic bookkeeping.
Working directly or finance team the accounts assistants will help to maintain the office and keep it running smoothly. As well as helping the manager, accounts assistants also deal with customers and external agencies.
Other duties and responsibilities of the job include:
• Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
• Preparing statutory accounts.
• Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
• Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
• Managing petty cash transactions.
• Controlling credit and chasing debt.
• Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
• Must have sage experience
• AAT Qualified or Part Qualified (client is willing to look at both)
The finer details...
Accounts assistants are usually expected to be in work normal office hours
Working as part of a team within a business environment, you will be full time and your contract will be permanent, depending on the specific vacancy you go for.
Promotion opportunities could arise through additional/in-house training, experience or further qualifications. The next step on the career ladder would be an assistant accountant, and some accountants started as accounts assistants.
Money, money, money
Accounts assistant’s salary package is on offer from £18,000 to £22,000 a year (for full-time hours)
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to be considered, call TODAY to apply on 01793 512 635, or email your CV to email@example.com