• To manage the Depot operations incorporating all functions from receipt to delivery ensuring that all aspects of customer requirements are met within the budgeted cost levels for the De
• To provide leadership and motivation to the team which in turn facilitates achievement of KPI’s to further ensure that excellence in customer service is achieved at all times.
• Aid and support the management team to achieve the strategic objectives for both the Depot and the Group.
• To ensure the warehouse facilities comply with all Legislative, Company, and Customer requirements with respect to Food Safety and Hygiene thus ensuring that all products processes, premises and vehicles meet these requirements and continually improve standards.
• To help the facility gain and maintain accreditation to BRC. -
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage, mentor and coach direct reports in the creation of a successful and effective warehouse team providing clear direction as appropriate.
• To work within agreed budgetary limits ensuring strict cost control and spend to agreed levels.
• To be accountable for ensuring company and depot operating metrics are met including warehouse productivity, vehicle loading and unloading, pick rates and stock counts.
• Constantly test and review operational processes to ensure best practice at all times.
• Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems; evaluating and recommending new equipment.
• To provide effective resource planning and a ferocious attention to detail in ensuring work load organisation and management to meet operational KPI’s
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Ensure that all audits, legal standards are met and exceeded
• Ensures legal compliance of the site.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• To be a recognised expert in warehouse and logistics operations with past success in a similar environment.
• Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues, including hygiene and damage issues to your Manager.
• Completion of necessary process control and quality documented records, in a timely manner (QC checks).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
• An enthusiastic and tenacious leader with demonstrable experience of developing a high performing team.
• The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, staff and wider management teams.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively influence at senior levels.
• The flexibility to adapt and manage change.
• Continually asses existing processes and utilising continuous improvement methods to improve efficiencies and productivity.
• To work at pace and prioritise a varied and demanding workload.
• Financial understanding and cost management.
• Multi user warehouse management experience.
• Transport Management.
• Mobility – the job may require secondment to other sites across the UK.
CREDENTIALS QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
• PC Literacy (proficient in MS Excel & Word) with knowledge of the relevant warehouse systems or the ability to quickly learn to use them.
• H&S training and qualification
• Educated to ‘A’ Level Standard or Equivalent
• Previous experience in 3PL multi-user Depots
• Budgetary experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Logistics operation
• A working knowledge of current HR Legislation
• Knowledge of relevant Transport Legislation
• In depth knowledge of WMS & Health & Safety Management
• 48x hrs contract
• 8am 5/6pm finish (Mon / Friday)
• Expectation to manage your own hours