Do you have 2 years of experience in Accountancy?
Do you have the relevant Accountancy qualifications?
Aligra are currently recruiting for an Accounts Senior for a growing client in Reading.
Main purpose of Role:
To assist Client Managers and Directors in providing and developing a strong proactive service that generates confidence in existing and potential clients; that work provided will be professional, timely and accurate as well as offering proactive advice wherever necessary.
The accounts senior will carry out accounts assignments, review/prepare management accounts and VAT returns, deal with company secretarial matters and prepare tax computations. The senior will also prepare self-assessment returns for individuals.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
• Keep up to date on all generally accepted accounting principles reporting rules, where applicable and financial statement presentation.
• Research and analyse financial statements.
• To participate in proactively maintaining the client relationship.
• Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business.
• Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
• To ensure personal billings are accurate and timely so that budgets and forecasts are met
• To identify Cross-Selling opportunities.
• To provide input into the development and improvement in the process and procedures relating to this role.
• To effectively operate all office systems and to contribute to the development and improvement of these.
• To manage and maintain own knowledge and skills to ensure continuous development.
• Any other duties as requested at a level appropriate to this role.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Personal chargeable time budget of 90%
• No substantial client complaints.
• Production of client work to agreed timescales.
• Production of client work to agreed budgets
• Responding to client’s emails/ telephone calls within 24 hours.
• Statutory timescales met.
• Continuing membership of a professional body.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ post qualification work experience as an accountant, demonstrating a progression in complexity of accounting tasks.
• Full member of one of the Accounting Bodies or extensive, equivalent experience.
• Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, CCH, Sage Line 50, Xero and IRIS.
• Experience in a client facing role including Client communication and occasional chairing of Client Meetings.
Requires Attributes & Skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment.
• Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
• Dedicated to superior client service.
Should you be interested in the above role, we would be very interested in hearing from you today. Please call us on 01793 512 635 or by sending your CV to email@example.com